Friday, November 17, 2006



By Brooke Williamson

November 17, 2006 12:00


WITH help from family, an emotional Rove McManus carried the coffin of his late wife Belinda Emmett out of a beautiful and moving memorial service today

Along with his brother Luke, father John and Belinda's siblings Matt and Shane plus their father Michael, the talk-show host carried her out to the comic strains of Monty Python's Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.

Looking exhausted, but managing a few smiles, Rove hugged well-wishers as they exited Waverley's Mary Immaculate Church - where the couple were married 18 months ago.

Belinda's coffin was covered in pink and white lillies, freesias and roses, while one fan outside threw rose petals as the cortege made its way to a private cremation.

Rove did not speak himself at the service, but through family friend Father Jim McKeon paid a touching tribute to "Belle" - the name her friends and family called her.

"Not many people get their soulmate or a love that can withstand just about anything,'' Father McKeon quoted Rove as saying.

"Not many people find the one person whom they see a completion in themselves.

"I had that with Belle as she and I shared some truly amazing times, and I thank her for every blessed moment I got to have with her.

"I don't know what I did to be given the gift of Belinda Emmett, but whatever it was, I am glad I did it.''