Friday, October 05, 2007

London - more pics

This water, is call The Long Water, it either adjoins or is part of the Serpentine. A rather lovely part of the water.


This is the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain.

This part causes a rippling effect to the water, but the picture does not do it justice.


If you click on the picture below, you can read what is written.

This water is called the Serpentine.

Harrods, recognisable by the green shades. It is a huge shop.


The stairwell in Harrods where the escalators are now.


I love this. I love the decor.

This water fountain was presented by The Metropolitan Drinking Fountain & Cattle Trough Association to mark its 80th Anniversary 1859-1939. I thought it was lovely because of the little bears.

7 comments:

Johnno said...

I could even see you in the reflection of the sign

Sue said...

Yes, Johnno, Rob too.

Johnno said...

A day in the life pics of Sue and Rob
We should all have a turn at this

Beecham Motors said...

SOUNDS GOOD!!!

dieter said...

Nice photos Sue, I like the little piggies lol

Sue said...

Oh blimey Dieter, are they Piggies? I thought they were baby bears.

Sue said...

Actually, I'm fairly certain that they are baby bears.