Friday, March 09, 2007
Ingredients (serves 2)
* 4 thick slices woodfired bread
* 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, halved
* 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 tsp brown sugar
* 80g wild rocket leaves
* 4 slices prosciutto
* 120g blue cheese, crumbled
* 10 walnut halves, lightly toasted
1. Brush bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and chargrill or grill for 1 minute until golden. Turn over and cook for another minute, then rub one side with garlic.
2. Place remaining oil, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl, season and whisk to combine. Toss rocket with half the dressing. Top each slice of bread with a slice of prosciutto and rocket. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts, drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.