Thursday, June 22, 2006

Say what?

When 612 ABC Brisbane's Peter Gooch is on-air, sometimes things just don't come out the way he intended them to.

It happens to the best of us - but admittedly, there aren't usually thousands of people listening when we mix our metaphors or make our small slip-ups.

There are some occasions, though, when a small slip-up just doesn't make the grade - sometimes it's more appropriate to stuff things up well and truly, to do the job properly.

And that's what Peter decided to do yesterday, when he had a minute to introduce Kelly before her program.

Here's what he said:

After the news, it’s Kelly Higgins-Devine – who’s here with us now as well being with us then. How can you be in two places at one time? Well it’s all done with smoke and chopsticks – and Kelly’s been able to grab the bull by the horns and run with it.

She’s shooting from the seat of her pants, today she’s hit the nail on the jackpot and knocked the socks right off the ball.

I’m not pulling your leg up over your eyes!

Now at the risk of grating you up the wrong way, I’ve been told I could be treading on thin water if I go on for too much longer – but I always say it’s worth waiting until the fat lady freezes over before the pot can call the kettle’s bluff.

Final advice before we find out what Kelly’s doing after 3 (I hate to put you through all this rigor mortis but it’s worth it): don't count your chickens until you see the whites of their eyes; don't come running to me if you break your leg; a rolling stone catches the worm; and don’t be average - always try to gain a foothold in the public eye.

None of this is hard to work out. It’s not rocket surgery! It’s not even a hard bubble to crack. The monkey’s in your court. Don’t go away because I think you’ll find when Kelly gets here - you’ll all get along like a horse on fire!

1 comment:

dieter said...

I think now I have a headache