Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Wind Storm

This is an email from our dear mate Teddy, in Oregon.....

Here I am safe and sound. Boy it did blow but I managed to hang on. We are still experiencing hail, rain, high wind, and then the sun peeks through. CRAZY!!! I found the lid of my garbage can down the street so retrieved it and secured it by the cord. You know living in this country that your garbage can and lid must be tied down. Well my lid broke the cord in the wind so I re-tied it and then turned around to come back through the gate and found a bunge cord on the ground. It had broken loose from the tarp over our fishing boat. It is 14' long and heavy with the motor on the back. Covered with the tarp and secured by bunge cords. I re-did the bunge cord and found where the wind had ripped a corner through so I guess the wind was up there.
Our bridge in town makes a mournful sound when we get a sustained wind of 50mph and believe me it was singing last night. At 4:20am this morning I thought my roof was going to sail north. The gust woke me with a start. Everything is OK and the bridge was just howling. I finally got back to sleep but I'm so glad the worst is over. It is cold out now and I ran into some hail and snow believe it or not coming home from the post office. I don't think I'll walk the dogs today.

Well this is longer than I intended but it gives you an idea of life here on the Coast in a winter storm. No more trees down so that is a good thing.

Teddy

No comments: