Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas Competition Entry













She'd be a 100yrs old this Christmas. The Best Nan in the world, I was her favourite of course. She lived in UK and came out here numerous times. First woman I ever saw wear 3 earings at same time in each year. She use to take her false teeth out when we asked her to so she could make funny faces. She divorced and married 3 times. Worked in a haberdashery department as a manager til she was 76, the firm employed older people rather than employing someone young. She travelled around the world 5 times. She made her own clothes to the shock of my Mum because some of them were a little revealing, Nan didn't care just so long as she looked good to herself. Nan was known to be frugal she'd rather spend her money on trips rather than be house proud. Never wasted a thing including food. One time she was minding myself and my younger brother and we wouldn't eat the sandwiches she made so she said, " right i'll put them away and you can have them for tea", and so true to her word she did. Then that night out the same sandwiches came again for tea and again we refused to eat them. So she did it again out they came out for breakfast the next morning we were so hungry we ate one each then she threw the rest away, to our delight. She's the only person I know who could eat a black banana rather then throw it out. Think thats why I always get nausea when i smell an over ripe soft black banana. She certainly was a woman born before her time. But I wouldn't trade her for the world. Thats what I remember about Christmas.

No comments: