Friday, November 25, 2005

Special Christmas Memories

So far I have been "Santa" on 2 occasions. The first time was many years ago, at the local primary school which my youngest daughter was attending. I was ever so careful to make sure I could not be identified, as the children were called up, to sit on Santa's knee,-( In those days before Political Correctness BS it was the done thing!!!), have their photo taken then to receive their present . My Daughter came up exactly as the others, then as she started to walk away said "Thanks Dad!!!."

The second time was at a Christmas Luncheon at a fairly exclusive restaurant in December 2004-the children attending had been told that Santa may call in if he was free- all through the meal I watched this little boy of about 4 or 5 keep going to the window. looking all around obviously checking the surropundings but paying particular attaention to the sky- time to dress up ( and dont forget us who live "Downunder- it is Summer- and it gets very hot & sweaty in that lot!!!) Time to walk in the room-as I walked through the doorway with the necessary "Ho, Ho Ho" I sought out and saw the face of that little boy- I can honestly tell you that was something to see- his face lit up and he ran over to me staying as close as he could all the time I was there- when it was his time to come up for his present I was the centre of his attention.
I dont care if you believe in Santa or not- that day will remain with me as long as I live- and I still see the look on his face.
Guess what?- in 2 weeks time I will be Santa again at the Christmas Party for the same group- and I am looking forward to it. I will get a photo taken of the 'Old Gent' and hopefully will be able to post it here for you all to see-( if I cant manage to get the photo posted I will ask our kind and special Hostess of the Blog and one of my dearest friends to post it for us. In the meantime as the "Old Fella downunder'" says - "Off we go- With a Ho Bloody Ho!!! and of course MERRY CHRISTMAS: to you and to yours".

No comments: